Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tennessee, bitches!

While my mind hasn't stopped concocting blog worthy observations, my schedule has made putting them into writing a little more difficult these past few days.

That is because I am prepping for an exciting trip to Memphis!



That's right... home of Graceland and the blues!
Unfortunately, my travels are more of a professional nature (I'm presenting a poster at a conference) rather than Elvis related. But I'm still looking forward to the experience. While I can't say that Memphis has been on my top places to see before I die, I am of the mind that it is worthwhile to travel almost anywhere if given the chance. Being the people-watcher that I am, I am kind of excited for the opportunity to observe the goings about of the Southern US (although my friend from Louisiana did inform me that although Tennessee is geographically south, it is not technically considered The South).

The biggest detractor from this trip- a four hour car ride and five hour plane ride, both ways, with none other than Mr. Self-Disclosure. I think I should have enough material for an unauthorized biography by this time next week!

Anyways, I am running around ragged trying to get everything ready to leave tomorrow morning, so I am filing away my thoughts for now. I am hoping to be able to blog straight from the source, but I may be M.I.A. depending on how busy I am. Fret not, my approximately three regular readers- I shall return, plump full of fried food and pointful observations!

2 comments:

L said...

Oh oh! I am excited for you! Buy some Elvis sunglasses while you're there!

Not so exciting is Mr. Self-Disclosure. I hope you don't have to sit next to him the whole way!

Ant said...

Yay - looking forward to it! And I whole-heartedly agree with the travelling philosophy...

As for Mr Self Disclosure, have you been practicing?

"Shut up! Just shut up! Right now!"

Methinks you'll be needing it.