Monday, July 2, 2007

He's back...

Well, all you arachnid lovers will be happy.

Apparently a high powered hose is not enough to defeat my front door spider.

Unlike on previous weekend nights, when coming home late at night after a few glasses of wine, I deliberately avoided looking to my right when opening the door, I took a really good look into his little cranny, to double check that he was still gone.

He wasn't.

And now I am ever more convinced of his super-spider powers.

(Even worse is the fact that I am still morally bound by my non-killing vow. I wish I was a less ethical person... then I would have snuck out there with the Raid, and kept tonight's happenings to myself).

9 comments:

Ant said...

Even if you had, I suspect this one has evolved powers that make it immune to Raid.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

SMARTBuddy said...

Ha! I tried to warn you, a hose is no match for a super powered spider!

Airam said...

You need to get the Duke to kick that spider's ass.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

Punch it in the face and give it black eyes.

The Duke said...

Yes!

Dorky Dad said...

You should give the spider a name. How about Peter?

eric313 said...

He seems to like you.

That's probably what you were afraid of, though.

Princess Pointful said...

Ant- Believe me, I am.

Smartbuddy- I think you were right about him getting stronger- his web is definitely bigger. He has the intentions of catching some serious prey.

Airam- I wish :(. He's the one I made the non-killing pact with- he loves that spider!

Ultra- Unfortunately, that would mean touching him.

Duke- I had a feeling you would be pleased.

Dorky Dad- A name may be a good idea-- but Peter doesn't work, considering it is the name of someone I know, and thus seems inappropriate. Something much more evil is needed.

Eric- I'm not sure which is worse- him liking me or hating me. I would prefer fear.

Anonymous said...

You can try this, if you're serious about not killing the wee thing...

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=1&p=56114&cat=4,104,53209&ap=2