I don't know why she swallowed a fly
I guess she'll die.
No, I haven't been gorging on insects. I've just had that song inexplicably (and irritatingly) running through my head all day.
I am still a very busy little bee. Today, I have been wholeheartedly enveloped in a mind-numbing paper. You know what's irritating? Psychodynamic theory that purposely makes itself as inaccessible as possible. You know who's a nerd? That would be me.
Alas, you are not going to receive a well-thought out coherent post today. Instead, today is a day of obligatory smatterings of random thoughts and pictures.
- Is anyone else as neurotic as me and do comment comparisons on different posts? I try to figure out the scientific reasons why some topics are apparently more response worthy than others. I still haven't figured out the formula.
- My apartment was chilly the other day, so I grabbed my warmest hoodie-- my graduation sweatshirt. As I looked down to the year emblazoned on the arm, something occurred to me... if I were to wear this sweatshirt in public (which I certainly do not), it would officially be creepy. I would be like the guy in a mullet wearing his Grad '87 bomber jacket!
- Is there any more of a gendered food than cottage cheese? Seriously, do any of my male readers actually eat it?
- What is it about the Duke and I that, in the most empty of movie theatres, someone will always sits directly in front of us or beside us?
- We went to see Be Kind Rewind this weekend, and I have to say, I was disappointed. The spoof bits were hilarious, but the whole plot premise was a little too cliched and warm & fuzzy for my liking. To be fair, I hold Michel Gondry to pretty impeccably high standards, given how amazing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was-- but I really didn't expect him to pull out the "little-business-supported-by-the-community-fights-against-corporate-evil" schtick. That's almost as bad as "flawless-woman-falls-for-lovable-misfit-despite-her-uptight-family's-reservations".
- I live near a main road which is currently under major construction. Intermittently, the workers decide to use my little tree-lined street as a main conduit to the construction site. For some reason, whenever they do use it, they inevitably 1) start at 7:30am and 2) only go in reverse down the street, meaning I am haunted by that incredibly aggravating continual beep. Honestly, if you are so out of it to ignore the massive cement truck coming towards you, I doubt a beep will make that much of a difference. No one is playing ball on the street today.
- I am coming to hate cantaloupes, simply because they keep on stealing the spots of worthwhile candidates in my fruit salads. One strawberry and fifteen pieces of cantaloupe? Simply not acceptable.
- Has anyone else been having mega-issues with Blogger lately, such as the site not being up, photos not uploading, etc? Lately, I haven't been able to edit my blogroll like I've wanted, because I can't even scroll down to where it is on the edit layout page.
Just in case these exciting musings weren't enough for you, here's a few photos from the previous weekend away (aka. the part of this post entitled reasons to be irresponsible).
A famous hotel... Unfortunately, not the one we stayed at, where they put us in adjoining rooms with squealing 16 year old girls. Which seriously kills the mood for sexy time. As did the table saw operating outside our door early one morning.And upside down!
One area of town is particularly known for its proliferation of bunny rabbits. The regulars all ignore them, but I am absolutely thrilled by them, and feel the need to point every single one of them out. "Look! That one has spots!"
Me and my newfound bunny friends, who promptly ignored me when they saw there was nothing in my outstretched hands.
The Duke called this one of him "shunned from the village after my first period".