Saturday, February 14, 2009

From the worst blogger Valentine of all time

Yes, I know, I'm a bad, bad bloggie Princess. 

Will a ridiculously costumed doggie Cupid help in the forgiveness process?

Perhaps, if you are looking for a little karma for my lack of love pointed your way, it may help you feel better to know that I am very far from the world's sexiest Valentine right now. Unless cough drop breath and red crusty noses are your thing. You could woe me with Neocitron and noodle soup, if you were so inclined.

Yes, the world, in all her mighty cruelty, again decided that after already taking a week off for a conference, I deserve to be cursed with a blasted cold. Unfortunately, this means that my guilt is far outweighing my sense of self-preservation, and I have been suffering through work with a very raspy voice.

My boyfriend also thought it was comical to give me a hickey, as though the constant honking of my nose isn't already detracting from my professionalism.

Anyways, I just wanted to take the time to spread a little love and a few half-hearted promises your way, before I curl up on the couch for a day of passionate hockey watching and take-out. Swoon!

(And if you want to read something slightly more profound about my thoughts on this day in particular, you can find them here and here.)

15 comments:

P said...

Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon PP!

Mandy said...

Feel better soon!

KA said...

if it means anything, my Duke didn't get me anything for VDay

TMC said...

My husband does that hickey thing. Why do they think that's so funny?!

Feel better. : )

K.Pete said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Unknown said...

At least the dog was well dressed.

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the dog...hope you feel better soon! I sported red heart flannel pajamas tonight...lookin' real hot right about now...

Andhari said...

ahh i would love to hug the dog all night!! instead of some guy lol at least its cute and doesnt hog the bed

Tonya said...

I think the entire WORLD has been suffering from a cold and flu this month. It's incredible! Anyway, hope you feel better. I'm really hoping I'm at the tail end of my cough myself. gah!

Mrs4444 said...

Poor thing! I have one word for you: netipot!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I hope you feel better soon! A day of take out and hockey sounds like a lot of fun :)

Lauren said...

That dog...is awesome. I was sick on V-Day too. I'm still sick. At least our boys don't think we're too icky. Heh.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA i love you and the fact that you just told the internets you have a hickey. feel better lady!!!

EP said...

I hope you're feeling better! Being sick around this time of year is always awful.

Larissa said...

Hickeys = real classy.

Hope you're feeling better!