Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The burden of reality

Reality can be a mighty bitch somedays, what with her regulations, to do lists, and the like.


Her latest trick? Crushing my intentions to scurry over the border to Portland for a year to do my internship. Despite the fact that our internship programs are supposed to be a North American wide system, apparently all the VA hospitals in the U.S. are closed to Canadian students. 

*Princess pouts and stomps her feet*

Granted, there are a few other internships available in the area, but they aren't good fits for me, and I promised myself I would make this experience more about the program than using it as a crutch to live a glamourous life in my city of choice. 

Next thing, they are going to tell me that my pet unicorn has been delayed at customs. Daydream crushing bastards.

What cruel thing has reality thrown at you lately?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we were supposed to be more open to other countries now? Bummer.

My latest cruel thing? My computer at work catching a nasty virus.

Living Dees Life said...

not to be complainy..but it seems like everything. i'm tired of reality and life and all that jazz. i just want to live in seclusion away from it all.

Kylie said...

Oh, yanno...I got laid off 6 weeks ago and still have no unemployment benefits coming in!! $0 income sucks!!

Hope your week gets better!!

Mandy said...

Reality bites. In one day yesterday I had two deaths and a friend's father had to have emergency heart surgery. Now I have two visitations and two funerals. Not a good week. =(

I'm sorry about your internship, that bites too!

Larissa said...

The house my husband and I wanted just got swiped off the market.

Andhari said...

That would be too much work and my boyfriend being needy. Sigh.

Jess said...

My insurance company refusing to pay for me $10k surgery. Urgh.

Yoda said...

I think I had earned a break from Reality. But it decided to throw me something anyways in the form of I'm now doing 2 projects at the same time (at work). Ugh.

EP said...

How frustrating! Don't you hate it when things like that happen? But hopefully, something equally wonderful or even better will pan out for you.

Hmm, reality has been rather tough on me recently. Her latest trick? No off days for nine days. However, since it's my weekend, everything is fantastic now.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

It gets even more hairy because of the APA / CPA split @ accreditation. The VA is getting REALLY competitive now because of the funding cuts at many other hospitals, so everyone is fighting an uphill battle now.