Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3am

Somebody called me at 3 in the morning and hung up when I answered them.

I am not terribly pleased with this individual.
I can't remember the last time I've gotten a good phone call at 3 am.
3 am calls (with drunken antics as an exception) are generally the calls of emergencies, illnesses and death... as was going through my head when I realized what was going on.

Once whoever hung up (an unknown number), I had to sit there and do deep breathing to calm myself down from the anxiety that had developed in a matter of seconds when I realized that the phone had woken me up at that time of night.

(and please, no one suggest that I have some weird phone stalker. One phone call does not a stalker make. And, as an overcatastrophizing woman living on her own, I don't need such thoughts placed in my head)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hey, I like that word "overcatastrophizing."
Works for me...

L said...

Perhaps Winston learned how to dial you for a puppy prank call?

Princess Pointful said...

Beth- It is too fitting of my personal tendencies not to use!

Lmizzle- I would swoon if it were true. Unfortunately, I heard no indicative snorts.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

I'm guessing someone accidentally hit the wrong name in their phone book.

Perhaps they were trying to dial Princess Taxi's, but got the name above by mistake.